Sunday, January 16, 2011

Affixes meN_i and meN_kan Part 5

As promised, I will continue to construct sentences using two more of the 18 words given earlier. For today's post, I will use 'lempar' and 'serah'. 'lempar' means 'throw' while 'serah' means 'submit'.

The word 'lempar' with its affixes:
1 Penduduk kampung melempari pemimpin itu dengan telur busuk kerana ucapan menyinggung hati mereka. [Rule 1]
[The villagers threw rotten egss at the leader because his speech offended them.]

2 Saya melemparkan seketul batu ke arah buah mangga itu untuk menjatuhkannya. [Rule 2]
[I threw a stone at the mango to make it fall down.]

3 Pengemis itu dilempari batu oleh budak yang nakal itu. [Rule 3]
[A naughty boy threw a stone at the beggar.]

4 Seketul batu dilemparkan oleh Ali ke arah kolam. [Rule 4]
[A stone was thrown by Ali to the pool.]

5 Anjing itu akan saya lempari batu untuk menghalaunya. [Rule 5]
[I will throw a stone at the dog to drive it away.]

6 Seketul batu akan saya lemparkan ke arah anjing itu. [Rule 6]
[I will throw a stone at the dog.]

The word 'serah' and its affixes
1 Saya menyerahi pekerja itu tugas ringan itu.
[Saya gave the worker the light duty.]

2 Krishnan menyerahkan dompet itu kepada polis.
[Krishnan surrendered the wallet to the polis.]

3 Nazri diserahi tugas itu.
[Nazri was given the duty.]

4 Bungkusan itu diserahkan kepada kerani pos itu.
[The parcel was surrendered to the postal clerk.]

5 Adik akan saya serahi kunci keretaku.
[I will surrender my the keys of my car to my brother.]

6 Tugas itu sudah saya serahkan kepada abangku.
[I have surrendere the duty to my elder brother.]

No comments: