Saturday, January 15, 2011

Affixes meN_i and meN_kan Part 4

I am glad to know that this is the 1001th post of my blog. As long as I am still around, more posts will appear in this blog.

In this post, I will construct 12 more sentences using the words 'kirim' and 'kurnia' in Part of the post entitled 'Affixes meN_i/meN_kan'. Here it goes.

The word 'kirim' [post (a letter /parcel etc)]
1 Saya mengirimi Ali sepucuk surat kelmarin. [Rule 1]
[I posted a letter to Ali yesterday.]

2 Hassan mengirimkan sebuah buku kepada abangnya tadi.[Rule 2]
[Hassan posted a book to his brother just now.]

3 Johari dikirimi kawannya foto-foto itu. [Rule 3]
[Johari's friend posted the photos to him.]

4 Poskad itu dikirimkan oleh Azmi kepada sahabat penanya. [Rule 4]
[The postcard was posted by Azmi to his pen-pal.]

5 Nazri akan saya kirimi surat ini. [Rule 5]
[I will post this letter to Nazri.]

6 Bungkusan itu akan saya kirimkan kepada Muthu. [Rule 6]
[I will post this parcel to Muthu.]

Now here are the six sentences I have constructed for the word 'kurnia' [endow] and its affixes.
1 Tuhan menguruniai Amimah seorang anak lelaki. [Rule 1]
[Aminah was endowed with a son by God.]

2 Tuhan mengurniakan seorang anak lelaki kepada Siti. [Rule 2]
[Siti was endowed with a son by God.]

3 Asmah dikurniai Tuhan seorang lelaki. [Rule 3.]
[Asmah was endowed with a son by God.]

4 Seorang anak lelaki dikurniakan oleh Tuhan kepada Zaharah. [Rule 4]
[Zaharah was endowed with a son by God.]

5 Johari akan beta kurniai gelaran J.P. [Rule 5]
[I (assuming I am the King) will bestow upon Johari the title J.P.]

6 Gelaran P.J.K. akan saya kurniakan kepada pemimpin itu. [Rule 6]
[I will bestow upon the leader the title of P.J.K.]

No comments: