Saturday, July 17, 2010

Day 4 in Ward 306

This is the day I have been looking forward to. Why? Because I will be discharged from hospital. Initially I was supposed to go home at 6.00 p.m. However, the nurse had come to give me the intravenous injection of mesporin at 5.12 a.m., Dr H’ng had instructed the nurse to administer the drug at 4.00 p.m. so that I could go back earlier. I thanked the doctor for being so understanding because he had known that I was too eager to leave the ward.

The quiet ward was full of life at around 9.30 a.m. when three Indonesians came for medical examinations and one more Indonesian came to undergo operation of a growth under his spleen. I struck up conversation with all of them and got the above information.

I was reading my newspapers which I bought downstairs before assessing the Internet with my old faithful – my HP iPaq Pocket PC. to idle away the time before 4.00 p.m. The lunch was quite all right this after for I was given Tomato Rice. The curried chicken was delicious.

Finally the nurse came to give me the last dosage of mesoporin and immediately after that I headed to the Insurance department downstairs to do the necessary procedure before collecting my medicine. Then I said good-bye to Island Hospital and drove my car which was parked in the hospital compound for four days home. It was a happy moment for me.

No comments: