Thursday, July 30, 2009

I had wanted to be a doctor

When I was small I had wanted to be a doctor. That dream remained with me until I entered Form 6. However, I could not stand viewing microorganisms under the microscope as it was very straining to my short-sighted eyes- my power then was about 800 for both eyes. Then I shifted my course to Physics and Mathematics. I did badly in Sixth Form and had to contend with entering a teacher's college. That buried my dream forever.

Then one year, I was attracted to the Chinese Medicine course and enrolled to study oriental medicine. I had only a year's stint and family burden did not allow me to have time for this pursuit and I gave up after a year, learning quite a lot about Chinese medicine and herbs.

Hence you see, we cannot have what we want and life is not a bed of roses.

No comments: