Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Computer and me

I got attracted to the computer when I was in Sungai Petani. At that time, Apple computer was very popular. Initially, I learnt from another teacher who charged me RM30 for a course in BASIC. He loaned me his computer and I typed from a book which he provided after he had taught me how to start a computer and how to key in words. It was really fun because it was something new to me.

Then I bought an Apple compatible computer from MicroVision in Sungai Petani. The shop offered me ten free lessons in dBase III. That was the start of my great interest in programming. I actually acquired quite a lot of software from Z'tronic, Penang by post. They were mostly educational software.

From Apple IIe, I acquired an IBM-compatible computer which offered more memory for my programming need. I learnt how to use DOS before Windows which came into being later on. Now I still owned my dear pentium 4 computer with 1.6mHz but it has lasted six years and is still kicking.

No comments: