Thursday, January 5, 2012

My joy was short-lived

It was good news for me when Telekom Malaysia called me informing me that my condominium flat was unifi-ready. In other words, I will be able to subscribe to unifi - a fast broadband service using optical fibre.

However, my joy was short-lived because when the technician came to install unifi, he found that the jumper for my block was not there yet. Needless to say, the man had to go back and I had to wait for the gadget to be fixed before he could do anything to bring unifi to my unit.

The package that I subscribe to is VIP5 which stands for Video, Internet and Phone with download speed at 5MB/sec. My present Streamyx speed is 2MB per second. There are two other packages, viz VIP10 and VIP20 with higher speed.

Looks like it will be quite some time before I will be able to enjoy the above high speed broadband Internet service.

No comments: