Monday, May 23, 2011

Bahasa Baku and my blogs

Now I am writing 3 blogs. This blog is general in nature. One of the other two called 'Learn the Correct Bahasa Melayu (http://bmcorner.blogspot.com) is about Standard Malay and general mistakes put right. It is written in English. My new blog 'Halaman Bahasa Melayu Cikgu Yeoh" (http://halaman-bahasamelayu.blogspot.com) is teaching Malay (Bahasa Melayu) to beginners and those interested in mastering Bahasa Baku and it is written entirely in Bahasa Melayu (Malay),

I can't be writing daily for three blogs as my tuition schedules are quite tight. Hopefully I will pen one of the blogs per day so as to keep the readers coming. Sometimes, I can't decide what to write but after pressing the 'New Post' button, ideas seem to keep coming.

For today, it is general talk about my blogs and how I intend to do about them.

Yesterday, I did attempt to back link 'Learn the Correct Bahasa Melayu' blog and found a few schools linking it under 'Bahasa Melayu' and 'Learn Bahasa Melayu'. Thanks for using my materials for educational purposes. I am too willing to share my knowledge in bahasa Melayu with any reader for that matter. Our language is progressing and there are changes as shown in the Kamus Dewan, regarding the spelling and new entries. Tatabahasa Dewan also does a good job by standardizing grammatical aspect of the language.

I was first attracted to learn Bahasa Baku from Awang Sariyan. Nowadays, Cikgu Abdul Ghalib Yunus, the Munsyi Dewan is the 'pakar rujuk' (consultant) when it comes to using the correct bahasa Melayu. Personally I benefited a lot from both of them although I had attended two sessions of Bahasa Baku when I was teaching Bahasa Melayu in Sek Men St Theresa, Sungai Petani, Kedah.

Let us hope that one of these days, we will be all be using Bahasa Baku in all our written and printed works.

No comments: