Friday, January 28, 2011

Affixes meN_i and meN_kan Part 9

Today's word for sentence construction in the series meN_i and meN_kan is 'maaf' (excuse or pardon).

Here are the six sentences constructed using the above word with suffixes thrown in.

1 Saya memaafi adik yang mengotorkan buku saya. [Rule 1]
[I pardoned my brother who dirtied my book.]

2 Encik Tan memaafkan kesalahan pelajar itu. [Rule 2]
[Mr Tan excused the pupil's mistake.]

3 Hassan yang menyinggung hati kawannya dimaafinya.
[Hassan who had offended his friend was excused by him.]

4 Kesalahan pelajar itu telah dimaafkan oleh gurunya.
[The student's mistake was excused by his teacher.]

5 Krishnan akan saya maafi walaupun dia menyinggung hati saya tadi. [Rule 5]
[Krishnan will I excuse although he offended me just now.

6 Kesalahan adik akan saya maafkan kerana dia sudah meminta maaf kepada saya. [Rule 6]
[My brother's mistake will I excuse because he has apologised to me.]

No comments: