Saturday, May 1, 2010

How I benefitted from Dewan Eja Pro

I have no regret buying Dewan Eja Pro from The Name Technology as it really helps me in my job as a Malay tutor. The Dewan Eja alone helps me check the spelling of my documents. What I like most are the accessories that come with this software. They are Kamus Dewan Edisi Ke-4 whose search bar enables to look for the meaning of any word any time when I am typing my Malay exercises. The Kamus -Inggeris and Kamus Bahasa Melayu-Inggeris let me know the equivalent of both languages. There is even one Kamus Bahasa Melayu-Cina for me to know the meaning of a Malay word in Chinese too. Of course I also bought Kamus Peribahasa and it helps me know the meaning of simpulan bahasa (idioms) and peribahasa (proverbs) in Malay.

The only snag is that you have to type the word to search for it. My Oxford and Cambridge dictionaries in my Pocket PC are more flexible. When you type the word you want to find, it will appear before you have completed the spelling of the word. Besides you can click on any word in the explantion to know its meaning straight away. I hope The Name Technology will include this features to make Dewan Eja Pro and its accessories more popular.

No comments: