Thursday, February 25, 2010

How to synchronise files in different drives

Hard disks can get failed unexpectedly. Hence we should back up our files every now and then.

In order to keep identical files in two places, we can sychronise them by using a software called SyncBack. This is how you do it.

First install SyncBack after having downloaded it from the Internet. Then specific the source of files to be copied. For me, I used the folder where I do my work. I call it 'working station'. After that specify the destination. I use a thumdrive. Before this, tell the software that you want both to be synchronise both ways. In other words, I can work on my computer and have the software update the files in my thumdrive. However, if I use my thumbdrive and work elsewhere, I can always use Syncback to update my files in my computer by activating the software.

I find the software useful.

No comments: