Friday, April 3, 2009

A smile begets a smile

A smile begets a smile is really true. It is almost my daily routine to go for a morning walk at Bukit Dumbar Garden. It has more and more walkers now.

I can recognise most of them as I walk past them. This morning I met one man who had not been here before. I just smiled to him and he returned a smile. See what I mean in the first sentence of this post.

Usually it is courteous to smile back at the one who smiles at you. Most Caucasians I have met thus far never fail to smile back to me when I smile to them.

There is a saying "Smile and the world smile with you. Weep and you weep alone." I agree with the first part but not the second. When someone is sad, we should console him instead of leaving him alone to brood over what has saddened him.

Keep smiling.

No comments: