Sunday, November 2, 2008

An enjoyable get-together

I attended the annual staff dinner of the school I last taught in, that is Methodist Boys School last night. It was an enjoyable night as I got to talk to my former colleagues and got news about the school and all those I know.

They enquired about my life as a retiree but I told them I am still teaching. To me, occupying my time with something I like helps me pass my time easily. The only difference is I get more time for exercising and doing things I like such as reading, listening to dharma talks through CDs and surfing the Internet.

Once in a while, it is good to have a get-together with our ex-colleagues. I like to listen to some who are good conversationalists and jokers. It was really relaxing and enjoyable as we talked over a cup of coffee after having a round of buffet dinner.

No comments: