Sunday, October 12, 2008

A friend in need is a friend indeed

One year, I had retina detachment and had to be operated upon. The eye surgeon extracted the vitreous humour from inside the eye ball and put in a sulphur gas to inflate the eye ball so that the retina could be pushed against the back of the eye ball. He lasered the retina too. When the operation was over, I could see only a black speck. The speck became bigger and bigger and after a month's recuperation, the speck disappeared and I could see again.
I had to go to school. My son drove me to school on his way to his college in Tanjung Bungah. For my journey back, a kind soul, Cikgu Sabariah Awang gave me a lift back without fail every day until I could drive on my own. Through this post I would like to thank her for being a friend in need. I had mentioned this help which she had rendered in the the MBS school magazine. Many thanks to her again for being such a kind soul.