Friday, September 19, 2008

A smile is all you need to make friends

I take my morning walk at Bukit Dumbar Reservoir site almost every day. It has some gadgets or workout tools for those who want to do sit up, cycle on the spot, swing their bodies and so on. There are groups who practise Shibashi (Taichi) too. They can be seen doing the Taichi at various places.

My wife and I belong to the walkers' group. As we walk we meet almost the same people doing their routine - walking, jogging or practising Taichi. I usually smile to them and they return their smiles too. It is a friendly gesture. According to Buddhism, the humans we meet are somehow related to us. Hence they are our 'relatives' in our past lives.
As the saying goes, 'Smile and the world smile with you. Weep and you weep alone.'

Start smiling and win friends.

No comments: