Sunday, September 7, 2008

Bus tickets for normal service sold out

I had a bad experience about the bus service when I made a trip to Malacca. You see, I took the 11.00 p.m. bus on Saturday night from Penang and it reached Malacca at 7.14 a.m. the next morning.

I had planned to book the bus tickets for me and my wife before check-in at a local hotel. Little did I realise that there was a scramble for tickets that the bus tickets for Penang were sold out at all the ticketing counters there. The earliest available tickets to Penang were for Wednesday.

I did not give up though. I queued up at each counter, hoping to get any available tickets irrespective of time schedule. As if luck intervened, one counter clerk offered me tickets at 9.00 p.m. on Monday on board a tour bus. Further more, it cost 30% more as I had to pay RM45 for each ticket and it would only stop at Butterworth. From there I had to board a ferry to get to the Penang Island. I immediately grabbed the offer lest others might lay their hands on them in desperation like me.

No comments: