Saturday, July 19, 2008

Technology really pampers us

As I mentioned in my earlier post, I had left my mobile phone in my sister-in-law's car when she took me to the bus stop. For a day, the absence of my handset really inconvenienced me because people who called my number could not reach me.

The next day, I visited the Maxis service centre to have my card replaced but I got to retain my numbers minus the contacts stored in my former SIM card.

I could remember my family members' telephone numbers but not my friends’. This happens because I have been pampered by my handset - the product of technology. It helps me all along whenever I want to call my friend through the phone. In the end, I had to key in all my contact numbers again.

Hence I still feel that we have been pampered by modern gadgets such mobile phones.

No comments: