Wednesday, July 2, 2008

I had to skip a day's post because ,,,

I had to skip yesterday’s post thanks to my good old hard disk which ended its life yesterday. After buying a new hard disk, I had it connected to my computer but it could not detect the disk. As I am all thumbs when it comes to hardware, I had to summon my son for help. Alas, he was so busy with his work that he came only this morning to fix the problem. Actually I did not set the jumper resulting in the computer not being able to detect my new hard disk.
I told you in my earlier post that I made a back up of my system. Well, it came in useful, as after reinstalling Windows to format my new hard disk, I used the Norton recovery disk and my backup file and it worked again. I saved quite a lot of time. Now I could write this after doing what I should have done earlier.

No comments: