Thursday, December 27, 2007

My First Encounter with Qigong

I used to envy those who practised qigong (a form of exercise where qi, certain charges in our bodies are made to flow through every part of the body to effect health) because they looked very fit physically.

Then one day, I had a chance to learn Zhineng Qigong (a type of qigong using the will to drive qi around) from a man who acquired it through the master who developed it. This man was involved in a car, resulting in serious injuries to his legs and he was not able to walk well before he went to China to learn it from the Zhineng Qigong master. Being very diligent in practising qigong, his legs were miraculously cured. After coming back from China, he still continued to do his qigong exercise.

After some time he started a class to teach others this school of qigong. When he set up a class in Bayan Baru, I joined it. After three months of learning from him, I stopped as I had enough knowledge of qigong and wanted to practise on my own.

Zhineng Qigong is wonderful. If you have reached the stage where you can feel qi flowing through your body, you can will it to flow to any part of your body. For example, if you feel painful at the right shoulder you can visualise the qi to go there and it will reach the place to heal the painful area, rendering it painless again.

When I go for morning walk in the Bukit Dumbar park, I can feel the qi sticking to both my palms when I hold them horizontally while walking. The same spheres of qi can be experienced when we do the normal qigong practice. This qi can be harnessed to heal or promote health by directing it at any part of your body.

I have actually downloaded the video on the qigong. I shall post it here for readers to watch and practise in another post.

So much for qigong for today.

No comments: