Saturday, July 21, 2012

'Selamat Berbuka Puasa (Happy Breaking Fast) to all Muslims

The Muslims all over the world or rather in Malaysia will start fasting from today for a month. Being a Malaysian, I know too well the religious practice of the Malays all of whom are Muslims here. One of them is 'berpuasa' or fasting. They would start abstaining from food after 'makan sahur' (consuming food after midnight and before dawn prior to fasting). Then they will fast at 'imsak' or when the sun rises. For today, my Malay friend told me that the time for 'berbuka puasa' (breaking fast) was 7.38pm. I understand that  the time varies from day to day and from place to place.

Personally I feel that fasting is good for health because when the body is devoid of food, all the organs will start to work to make them function better.

I wish all Muslims happy breaking fast.

No comments: