Wednesday, June 29, 2011

How to retrieve text from embedded image in a doc file

When we use Word to write something, we will sometimes scan pictures, photos or text and insert them directly into our document file.

I have been wondering how to retrieve text or photos out of such embedded images. Then one day, through sheer luck, I right clicked the part with the embedded scanned text image and saved it as a jpeg file. When I used my FineReader to scan this jpeg file, I was able to retrieve and edit the text.

Hence I would like to share this experience and tip to readers of this blog. The next time you come across a Word document file with embedded image, just right click and save it as a jpeg file. With this new image file, you will be able to retrieve the text through a scanning software such as the FineReader.

No comments: