Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Choosing compatible empty discs for cd or dvd writers

Have you ever face the problem of your cd or dvd writer being unable to write files to your cd's or dvd's? Well, I have. That explains why I usually go to a shop that sells cd's or dvd's and buy only 1 disc for testing to see where my cd or dvd writer can write on the disk. If it can, then I will buy more of the same type of discs. Otherwise, I will scout for other brands until I find one that is compatible to my cd or dvd writer.

It is advisable to look for a few compatible brands so that you can a stock in case one brand is out of stock. From time to time, access the discs to which you have copied files to see whether they still work. If not, it is time you backed up the same files from your hard disk. If I am not mistaken, I have advised readers to keep more than one copy of the same backup files to prevent mishap such as this.

No comments: