Saturday, June 12, 2010

Be mindful at all times

I have talked about mindfulness in my earlier post. It is very important that we are mindful of what we are doing.

When you drive, you must be mindful of what is in front, at the left and the right as well as what is behind you. Only then will you be able to practise defensive driving. If you are in Penang, you will find motorcyclists wheezing in and out of a queue of cars. You just need to brake to let it pass. This can only happen if you are mindful.

My fingers often bangs into a wall or the corner of a table when I stretch out my hand to take something thanks to my being not mindful. My eyes are focussed on the thing I want to take, paying no attention of the hand that goes towards it but gets blocked by the wall resulting in a swollen finger. I know that I must be mindful all the time to avoid this but I often forget and history repeats itself.

Hence be mindful at all times.

No comments: