Monday, May 10, 2010

The smell and me

I do not whether you have the same experience as mine when it comes to recalling events when certain smell invades your nostrils.

Usually, the smell of food used in connection with certain function such as weddings, xin nian (Chinese New Year) will invariably land me in fantasy land where I visualise myself participating in the events when I was still a young boy. I can't explain this happens.

Besides smell, music that I hear especially old songs often brings me retrospectively to days in the past. I really like to immerse myself in the events mentally for a moment. It is said that our brain can register millions of things that we see, hear, touch, taste or smell. That may explain the experience I will be undergo whenever certain smell or music make their presence felt.

No comments: