Sunday, May 16, 2010

It is Teacher's Day today

Today is Teacher's Day in Malaysia. It is celebrated to show appreciation to teachers for their dedication in their profession.

As a retired teacher I still can remember vividly how my students took paisn to prepare food for us and entertain on stage with various types of performance such as singing, dancing, playing musical instruments and doing sketches.

I really miss tasting the food prepared by Koh Hong Choon whose father owns a restaurant. He would be bringing very delicious food for the teachers of St Theresa Secondary School where I served in from 1979 to December 1989.

As for stage performance I enjoyed watching the dances, sketches and singing of my students in Sek Men Jerantut Pahang where I taught from 1974 to 1978. Sometimes teachers went on stage to add merriness to Teacher's Day celebration.

No comments: