Monday, August 24, 2009

With effect from July 2009

I went to a physiotherapy centre today to have my 'trigger finger' (inability to flex my forefinger) treated this morning. As I did not have an appointment, I had to wait for my turn. While waiting I noticed two notices on the wall. Both contain grammatical errors.

The first one is:

Please be inform that our new mobile phone number is 017-xxxxxxx.

In this sentence, 'inform' should be 'informed' (past participle)

The second notice reads:

Changing of operating hours

effectively from July 2009

Mon & Wed - 9.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.
Tue & Thur - 11.30 a.m. to 8.00 p.m.

'Changing of operating hours' should have been 'Change in treatment hours' to be correct.

As for effectively from July 2009, it should be reworded as 'With effect from July 2009'.

So much for today's boob watch.

No comments: