Monday, June 15, 2009

DVD Player with a USB port

My Samsung DVD player ended its life when it refused to play any of my DVD movies a year ago. I had to part with it and bought a DVD recorder which enables me to record TV shows and play my DVD movies. The best thing I like about this set is it has a USB port so that I can play mpg or DivX video files with my recorder.

Suddenly it dawned on me that if the laser part is spoilt, I can still use the set to play my movies in mpg or DivX format.

My advice to readers of this post is that the next time you buy a DVD player, look for one that has a USB port so that in case the laser part gets damaged earlier, you can still play your movies in these two formats. Of course you need to do conversion with your computer and the right software such as a video converter.

No comments: