Saturday, April 18, 2009

Pretend to sleep only to wake up later

One day, I found that one of my students looked very sleepy and could not pay attention in class when I was teaching. After giving some written work to my students I approached the boy in question. I asked him when she slept the night before. To my surprise, he told me that he slept at 4.00 a.m. and woke up at 6.00 a.m.

When I asked for the reason for sleeping late, he shyly told me that he fooled his parents so that he could play his computer games until his eyes were too heavy to carry on. Then he told me his trick. At first, he pretended to go to bed but did not sleep. His ears kept listening until he could hear the door of his parents’ room being shut. Stealthily, he came out of his room and made a beeline for his computer. He switched off the sound and started to play his favourite computer games until four in the morning.

No comments: