Friday, February 27, 2009

Iodine did the job all right

When I was teaching Science in St Theresa Secondary, I stayed in the lab most of the time. My buddy Fauzi would come and discuss with me the novels that he had read. He liked to read Johan Jaafar's short-stories and novels.

Students who got hurt after falling down and scratched their knees would come to me for treatment. I usually washed the students’ wounds with antiseptic solution such as Dettol and applied acroflavine before bandaging their wounds.

If I happened to know that a certain was disobedient and naughty, I would apply iodine tincture to his wound. He would be grimacing in pain and dared not be so playful again because he would not like to suffer the piercing pain again when iodine started to work on his wound. Mercury chrome is another solution which can be used to treat wounds

No comments: