Sunday, February 22, 2009

Corresponding with penpals to improve English

Nowadays writing to penpals has become a thing in the past. This is because, we can use email to serve the same purpose.

When I was still student, I corresponded with a few penpals to improve my English. I had one penpal from France, one from Japan and two from Malaysia,my own country. We usually talked about our ways of life and school. I found that my English really improve by leaps and bounds after having lots of practice replying to my penpals' letters.

My collection of stamps also increased. Apart from the penpal from Japan that did not write good English, the other three wrote very good English. I sort of imitated their style and ways of expression. Later I stopped correspondence with them when I had too much homework to do and could not find time to do the correspondence any more.

No comments: