Sunday, November 9, 2008

How I learnt to type using the typewriter

Before the advent of computers, the typewriter helped us produce printed document such as letters and forms. I enrolled as a student to learn how to type using the machine. A three months' stint at the typing institute was really useful because I could type using both hands without looking at the keyboard.

Up to now, I can still type on the computer keyboard without looking at the keyboard too. One sentence that still remains in my memory is 'A quick brown fox jumps right over the lazy dog.' It contains all the letters of the alphabet. You can use this sentence to master your skill with the keyboard.

Nowadays, we have software such as typing tutor that helps those who are new to computers to learn how to type with all your fingers and thumbs.

No comments: