Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The tell-tale sign of pupils about their background

I was reading the sentences made by my pupils when curiosity got the better of me. You see, this pupil invariably involves her mother in the sentences she makes. In one sentence she wrote, "With trembling hands I handed my report card to my mother, getting ready to be reprimanded."

After class, I talked to her. Sure enough, she comes from a divorced family. Her father left her mother when she was four and her brother two years older. Since then, her mum took over the role of father and mother to bring them up. Luckily the single parent is an engineer. My pupil hated the woman who snatched away her father from her mum and she told me that she would strangle the woman if she were ever to meet her. Such is her hatred towards the woman

No comments: