Saturday, August 9, 2008

The world is one family

Yesterday, when I got home after my tuition class, the live telecast of the 29th Olympic Games opening ceremony had been in progress for about two hours. Anyway I was still able to watch the entrance of the remaining participating teams of the Games marching in one by one. There were altogether 204 teams taking part in this Olympics.

As I watched the athletes, I had a feeling that this was the gathering of peoples of the world. Different races have come to Beijing not only to take part in the games but rather to foster friendship with people from all over the world. The world is indeed one family.

I missed out the cultural performance but I could have a glimpse of the photos through Yahoo's photo gallery of 186 pictures taken on the opening ceremony earlier.

I marvelled at the finale when former gymnast Li Ning was lifted into the air and made to circle the stadium to light the Olympic Torch, signifying the start of the big games.

No comments: