Sunday, August 24, 2008

The end of an event

Just like any function, the Beijing Olyimpic Games will end tonight with its closing ceremony scheduled at 8.30 pm. Most athletes who competed in the games must have made new friends. This is the day when they have to say good-bye to one another.

When I was studying in Form 3, I had a chance to attend a Students’ Exchange Programme held at Penang Hill for four days. Students from four states in Malaysia participated in this camp. I really enjoyed myself during the camp. We sang, played and had meals together besides having fun doing all the activities that were supposed to foster closer relationship among the various races in Malaysia.
When it was time to part, we really felt sad that we had to say good-bye to one another. I really cried on the last day of the camp when we packed for home.

No comments: