Friday, July 4, 2008

How I spent my afternoons while in Jerantut

Teaching in Jerantut, Pahang, Malaysia always brings back fond memories for me. I still can remember how I spent my afternoons after school.

School dismissed at 1.30 p.m. Then I had to find a place to have my lunch. I usually had my lunch at a coffee-shop owned by the father Ah Poon (one of my students). He knew what I liked and prepared the dishes for me. They tasted delicious and I had variety every day.

After reading the newspapers, I had a short nap. Then to the school I went. My colleagues would be waiting for me to play table-tennis. I purposely bought a table-tennis racquet for this game.

When I heard noises of pupils outside the hall, I knew that the hostellites were out to have their volley ball practice. We usually joined them for the game. It was enjoyable and we got to sweat out.

No comments: