Saturday, March 1, 2008

Abdominal Breathing

In my last post, I talked about squatting and standing alternately as a form of exercise.

Today, I like to discuss the second type of exercise in the 3-1-2 Acupuncture Meridian Exercise designed by Professor Zhu Zongxiang of Beijing Yanghuang Meridian Research Centre. This exercise is also known as abdominal breathing. It involves breathing in and out with emphasis on the stomach movement. In this exercise, when we breathe in, the stomach should bulge or inflate. Hold for about 5 seconds before exhaling with the stomach drawing in slowly. Repeat it 10 to 20 times daily. I usually do this when I am lying on my bed before sleeping.
This exercise is effective in curing or reducing the effect of diseases such as hypertension, insomnia, and diabetes.

No comments: