Saturday, January 26, 2008

Tags and Awards

Tags are very common among bloggers. They help them when they need to post and have nothing to blog about. For me, I will do the tag but still post something unless I write the tag in such a way that it looks like my normal post.

One thing I need to clarify is that tags that come to you may have been passed to you already, as have happened to me because I received the same tag twice. Personally I was negligent too when I passed on one tag to my blogger friend only to find that she has done it earlier. Hence before transferring a tag to a friend, we should do some homework such as going to his or her blog and browse through at least the current month's posts to avoid the above occurrence.

Some bloggers like to create awards and give them to friends and ask them to pass them on to those who deserve them. I was given such an award yesterday. Though I wanted to turn it down, I accepted it out of courtesy and respect to my blogger friend. Here again, homework needs to be done so that the same award does not go to the same person repeatedly.

I don't quite like the idea of giving awards created by fellow bloggers as too many of them will make blogs infested with them, leaving no chance for creative blogging or original writing. I say sorry if this statement should offend anyone.

No comments: