Monday, June 7, 2010

Turning my CD player into a loud speaker

I just started my MUET class and I need to play recording of passages for the Listening Test. When I took out my old cd player, it failed me. Then it dawned on me that I had not been using it for a long time.

This has happened to me many times. When I first bought the laser player with very big disc, I hardly used it and when I finally had a laser disc and wanted to play it, it could not be used anymore. My VCD player also suffered the same fate.

I had overheard one repairman telling his client that he had to use players using laser light very often so that it could last. If you see it occasionally, it will get spoilt very soon.

I examined my CD player and found that it had a line-line function. This gave me an idea to do something that will work. The Pocket CD that I own came in handy. From my computer I copy the mp3 files of the recording to my SD compact disk and put it back to my handheld. With a connecting cable, I plug into my earphone of the PPC and the other end into the line-in of my CD player. When I play the mp3 files, my CD player just acted as a loud-speaker and I could use it in my MUET class without having to buy a new CD player. Moreover I don't have to use any CD-R at all.

No comments: