Wednesday, December 3, 2008

My first honorarium

I liked to write when I was young. Even at my age now, I still like to pen about things around me.

The first honorarium that I received was from Utusan Publication. My article about biomass was published in Mastika, one of its publicattions. I received a cheque of RM90 for an article of about 1000 words in Malay. The money was enough for my my newspapers subscriptions as I read New Straits Times, Berita Harian and Nanyang Siang Pau daily then. Nowadays, I read the online newspapers including The Star, the Sun, New Straits Time, Berita Harian, Utusan Malaysia, Kwong Wah Yit Poh, Sin Chew Jit Poh and Nanyang Siang Pau.

Later I translated short stories from Mandarin into Malay and sent to Nanyang Siang Pau for publication. They gave me RM80 for a length of half page. I earned quite a lot through my translated works. These were put on dispaly during MBS's centenary celebaration.

No comments: