Friday, June 6, 2008

Karma does play a part in our lives

Believe it or not, no one can run away from the effect of good karma or bad one whether you are a Buddhist or not.

If you have read all my posts you must have come across how karma ran after me to effect what was to be done. For example, I cut an ox's eye and took out the lens to show to my pupils in the Science lesson. A few years back, my left eye was operated upon and a few months later my eye lens was taken out and replaced with a plastic one. This is just an example of how we cannot escape from the effect of karma.

When I was a child I liked to suffocate mice in water and now I have sinus problems. The karma in play here is if you suffocate others, you will experience something like suffocation. In my case, the mucous fluid that keeps appearing in my nasal cavity is very uncomfortable and sometimes suffocates me for a while.

The moral is 'do good and abstain from doing bad things in your lives'.

No comments: